The Carolina Hurricanes and Columbus Blue Jackets meet Thursday in NHL action at the Nationwide Arena.
|Date:||Thursday, January 16, 2020|
|Time:||7:00 PM (EST)|
|Location:||Nationwide Arena, Columbus|
|Odds/Point Spread:||CAR -140|
CONSENSUSFROM 46 PREDICTIONS
COMPUTER PREDICTIONSTATS MODELED SCORE PREDICTION
- The total has gone UNDER in 4 of Carolina’s last 5 games.
- Carolina are 1-4 SU in their last 5 games against Columbus.
- The total has gone UNDER in 9 of Carolina’s last 13 games on the road.
- The total has gone UNDER in 6 of Carolina’s last 7 games when playing on the road against Columbus.
- Carolina are 3-7 SU in their last 10 games against an opponent in the East conference.
- Carolina are 2-10 SU in their last 12 games against an opponent in the Metropolitan division.
Columbus Blue Jackets
- The total has gone UNDER in 8 of Columbus’ last 10 games.
- Columbus are 4-1 SU in their last 5 games.
- The total has gone UNDER in 11 of Columbus’ last 13 games against Carolina.
- The total has gone UNDER in 7 of Columbus’ last 8 games at home.
- The total has gone UNDER in 6 of Columbus’ last 7 games when playing at home against Carolina.
- Columbus are 6-2 SU in their last 8 games this season.
- Columbus are 7-1 SU in their last 8 games against an opponent in the East conference.
- Carolina Hurricanes: No Reported Injuries
- Columbus Blue Jackets: Cam Atkinson, Ryan Murray, Josh Anderson, Joonas Korpisalo, Oliver Bjorkstrand, Alexandre Texier
Columbus Blue Jackets
Carolina Hurricanes 27-17-2
Carolina is on the sixth line of the East. After victories over Philadelphia, Arizona and Los Angeles, the team was defeated in the last match of the championship. Playing away, against Washington, Carolina players for the entire match could not score a single goal against the opponent. The club’s defense missed twice in the first period of the game. The final result of the match (2:0), in favor of Washington.
Columbus Blue Jackets 23-16-8
Having won in the last two matches, Columbus climbed to the 9th position of the Eastern Conference. In an extreme match, the team took Boston. Playing on their home court against one of the leaders of the championship, the Jackets demonstrated the high quality of the game and were able to beat their opponent dry. The match ended (3:0) in favor of Columbus. This match was preceded by an away victory over Vegas, also (3:0).
Carolina Hurricanes vs Columbus Blue Jackets Prediction
In the last 2 matches, Columbus did not miss a single goal. This season, Carolina has a pretty reliable defense game. Based on this, it can be assumed that the total of the upcoming match will be low.
Last score prediction, Carolina could win and cover, -140.