The Carolina Hurricanes and the Washington Capitals meet in a Metropolitan division matchup in NHL action from the Capital One Arena on Monday night.
|Date:||Monday, January 13, 2020|
|Time:||07:00 PM (EST)|
|Location:||Capital One Arena, Washington|
|Odds/Point Spread:||WAS -140|
CONSENSUSFROM 81 PREDICTIONS
|38%||CAROLINA||57% over 6.5|
COMPUTER PREDICTIONSTATS MODELED SCORE PREDICTION
- The total has gone UNDER in 4 of Carolina’s last 6 games.
- Carolina are 5-2 SU in their last 7 games.
- Carolina are 4-1 SU in their last 5 games against Washington.
- The total has gone UNDER in 8 of Carolina’s last 12 games on the road.
- The total has gone OVER in 4 of Carolina’s last 5 games when playing on the road against Washington.
- Carolina are 3-6 SU in their last 9 games against an opponent in the East conference.
- Carolina are 2-9 SU in their last 11 games against an opponent in the Metropolitan division.
- The total has gone OVER in 5 of Washington’s last 7 games.
- Washington are 13-7 SU in their last 20 games.
- The total has gone OVER in 5 of Washington’s last 6 games against Carolina.
- Washington are 5-2 SU in their last 7 games at home.
- The total has gone OVER in 4 of Washington’s last 5 games when playing at home against Carolina.
- The total has gone OVER in 4 of Washington’s last 6 games against an opponent in the East conference.
- Washington are 1-4 SU in their last 5 games against an opponent in the Metropolitan division.
- Carolina Hurricanes: No Reported Injuries
- Washington Capitals: No Reported Injuries
Carolina Hurricanes 27-16-2
Carolina was used to playing in series and, after two defeats, developed a series of victories up to three games. The Hurricanes prevailed over Philadelphia (5:4 OT), Arizona (3:0) and Los Angeles (2:0), while in the previous two meetings they did not concede goals. It is necessary, of course, to note the work of goalkeepers Peter Mrazek and James Raymer, who repelled more than 70 shots in two matches. But we note that now the Brindamore team went on an exit, where on average they miss more than at home, but score less.
Washington Capitals 30-11-5
Washington performs well throughout the season, but has played very poorly in the last two matches. If at first on the away team in a bitter struggle lost to Philadelphia (2:3), then in a home match with New Jersey, they suffered a crushing defeat from an outsider of the League in the person of New Jersey with a score of (1:5). Thus, the Capitals gave the first line to the Eastern Conference and at the same time leadership in the overall table to Boston, which equaled them on points.
Carolina Hurricanes vs Washington Capitals Prediction
After two unsuccessful matches, Washington will get angry and have a quality fight with Carolina. The Hurricanes play slightly worse in offensive defense, so you can expect the Capitals to re-open their defenses more than three times.
Last score prediction, Washington could win and cover, -140.