The Detroit Red Wings and the Minnesota Wild meet in NHL action from the Xcel Energy Center on Wednesday night.
|Date:||Wednesday, January 22, 2020|
|Time:||8:00 PM (EST)|
|Location:||Xcel Energy Center, St Paul|
|Odds/Point Spread:||MIN -255|
CONSENSUSFROM 50 PREDICTIONS
|38%||WINNIPEG||75% under 5.5|
COMPUTER PREDICTIONSTATS MODELED SCORE PREDICTION
Detroit Red Wings
- Detroit are 0-5 SU in their last 5 games.
- Detroit are 0-7 SU in their last 7 games on the road.
- Detroit are 1-5 SU in their last 6 games this season.
- The total has gone OVER in 8 of Detroit’s last 11 games against an opponent in the Central division.
- The total has gone OVER in 4 of Detroit’s last 6 games played on a Wednesday.
- Minnesota are 2-5 SU in their last 7 games.
- The total has gone UNDER in 6 of Minnesota’s last 9 games at home.
- Minnesota are 1-4 SU in their last 5 games against an opponent in the East conference.
- Minnesota are 6-3 SU in their last 9 games against an opponent in the Atlantic division.
- The total has gone UNDER in 4 of Minnesota’s last 6 games played on a Wednesday.
- Detroit Red Wings: Jonathan Bernier, Anthony Mantha
- Minnesota Wild: Mikko Koivu
Detroit Red Wings
Detroit Red Wings 12-34-4
For 50 regular championship matches, the club from the state of Michigan scored only 28 points. In the tables of the Eastern Conference and the Atlantic Division, the team takes the last place. On January 7 and 10, Detroit won two matches. In the first game, Jeff Blashill’s wards defeated Montreal (4:3), and then his team defeated the Ottawa in shootouts (2:2, 1:0). Since then, the red and white took part in five more meetings. In all matches, the Wings only lost points. A club from Michigan was defeated by Buffalo (1:5) and Islanders (2:8). January 17, Detroit in the additional period did not cope with Pittsburgh (1:2), after which they were weaker than Florida (1:4) and Colorado (3:6).
Minnesota Wild 22-21-6
The team from St. Paul managed to play in 49 meetings of the regular season. During these games, this club earned 50 points and took 7th place in the table of the Central Division. After the January 3 victory over Winnipeg in extra time (3:2), Minnesota suffered four defeats in a row. It all started with the loss of Calgary on shootouts (4:4, 1:2). January 9, Minnesota once again lost to the Flamers (1:2), and a little later, Bruce Boudreau’s wards did not cope with the Vancouver (1:4) and Pittsburgh (3:7). The unsuccessful segment was interrupted by a duel with Tampa Bay (3:2). And in the match on January 18, Minnesota smashed Dallas (7:0). In the last match to date, the club from St. Paul was weaker than Florida (4:5).
Detroit Red Wings vs Minnesota Wild Prediction
The teams are the last in their divisions, but the Detroit in this pair looks like an obvious outsider. Detroit’s just been bad for most of the season, and even though they’ve put up a fight on the road, it’s still a Detroit team that’s lost 18 of their 22 road games so far this season.
Last score prediction, Columbus could win and cover, -160 Point Spread.