On January 27, we are waiting for a match of one of the outsiders of the League in the person of Ottawa and New Jersey, for which we prepared a forecast. What to expect from this meeting?
|Date:||Monday, January 27, 2020|
|Time:||7:30 PM (EST)|
|Location:||Canadian Tire Centre, Ottawa|
|Odds/Point Spread:||OTT -130|
CONSENSUSFROM 58 PREDICTIONS
|25%||NEW JERSEY||71% under 6|
COMPUTER PREDICTIONSTATS MODELED SCORE PREDICTION
New Jersey Devils
- The total has gone OVER in 10 of New Jersey’s last 15 games.
- New Jersey are 2-6 SU in their last 8 games.
- New Jersey are 1-4 SU in their last 5 games on the road.
- The total has gone OVER in 4 of New Jersey’s last 5 games when playing on the road against Ottawa.
- New Jersey are 2-5 SU in their last 7 games against an opponent in the East conference.
- The total has gone OVER in 5 of New Jersey’s last 7 games against an opponent in the Atlantic division.
- The total has gone OVER in 14 of Ottawa’s last 20 games.
- Ottawa are 1-9 SU in their last 10 games.
- The total has gone OVER in 6 of Ottawa’s last 8 games against New Jersey.
- Ottawa are 1-6 SU in their last 7 games at home.
- The total has gone OVER in 4 of Ottawa’s last 5 games when playing at home against New Jersey.
- Ottawa are 2-10 SU in their last 12 games this season.
- The total has gone OVER in 9 of Ottawa’s last 12 games against an opponent in the East conference.
- New Jersey Devils: Kyle Palmieri, Ben Street
- Ottawa Senators: Jean-Gabriel Pageau
New Jersey Devils
New Jersey Devils 17-24-7
New Jersey is also likely to be left out of the Stanley Cup this year. The team is located next to its opponent and has one point less. Away, the Devils held 25 meetings, and lost in regular time 15 times. In the three previous matches, the team of Alain Nasreddine suffered a major defeat. So, his wards lost to Toronto (4:7), Washington (2:5) and Columbus (0:5). Incidentally, on the road, an average team misses four goals.
Ottawa Senators 17-23-8
Ottawa is now on the 14th line of the Eastern Conference and has only 42 points in its assets. Of course, with such indicators it’s hard to count on getting into the playoffs, so the Senators can only play up the roster for the next season. Only in a previous meeting with Calgary (5:2) Canadians managed to break off a series of 9 defeats. Recall that in two past games before the victory, the wards of Dee Jay Smith lost to Chicago (2:3 OT) and Vegas (2:4).
New Jersey Devils vs Ottawa Senators Prediction
Ottawa is very unyielding on its site and has rarely lost much of the time lately. New Jersey is playing poorly this season and was able to win only in overtime in a previous meeting with Canadians. We believe that this time the owners have a chance to compete for the victory.
Last score prediction, Ottawa could win and cover, -130 Point Spread.