The Pittsburgh Penguins and the Detroit Red Wings meet in NHL action from Little Caesars Arena on Friday night.
|Date:||Friday, January 17, 2020|
|Time:||7:30 PM (EST)|
|Location:||Little Caesars Arena, Detroit|
|Coverage:||Sportsnet, ATT-Pitt, FS-Detroit, NHL|
|Odds/Point Spread:||PIT -196|
CONSENSUSFROM 24 PREDICTIONS
|33%||PITTSBURGH||75% over 6.5|
COMPUTER PREDICTIONSTATS MODELED SCORE PREDICTION
- The total has gone OVER in 4 of Pittsburgh’s last 5 games.
- Pittsburgh are 4-1 SU in their last 5 games.
- Pittsburgh are 4-2 SU in their last 6 games against Detroit.
- Pittsburgh are 5-1 SU in their last 6 games on the road.
- Pittsburgh are 1-4 SU in their last 5 games when playing on the road against Detroit.
- The total has gone OVER in 4 of Pittsburgh’s last 6 games this season.
- The total has gone UNDER in 5 of Pittsburgh’s last 6 games against an opponent in the East conference.
Detroit Red Wings
- Detroit are 3-10 SU in their last 13 games.
- The total has gone OVER in 13 of Detroit’s last 18 games against Pittsburgh.
- The total has gone OVER in 7 of Detroit’s last 9 games at home.
- Detroit are 4-1 SU in their last 5 games when playing at home against Pittsburgh.
- Detroit are 3-7 SU in their last 10 games this season.
- The total has gone OVER in 4 of Detroit’s last 6 games against an opponent in the East conference.
- Pittsburgh Penguins: Justin Schultz, Nick Bjugstad, Brian Dumoulin, Jake Guentzel
- Detroit Red Wings: Jonathan Bernier, Anthony Mantha
Detroit Red Wings
Pittsburgh Penguins 29-13-5
The Penguins take 3rd place in the conference. After a series of successful games, the team was defeated in an extreme match. Playing away against Boston, Pittsburgh was defeated. The first period ended with a result of (2:1), in favor of the Bruins. After a dry 2nd period, the hosts won the final period with a score of (2:0). The final result of the meeting is (4:1), in favor of Boston. Before that, the club confidently beat Detroit.
Detroit Red Wings 12-32-3
Detroit can not rise from the last place of the Eastern Conference. The team has only 12 wins, in 47 games of the season. In their extreme fights, the team suffered 2 defeats in a row. In the last game of the championship, the Wings were defeated by the Islanders. Playing on the road, Detroit players hit the opponent’s net twice. But the defense of the club at the same time conceded 8 goals into their own net. The final result of the match is (8:2), in favor of the Islanders. Before that, the team was defeated in a home game by Buffalo.
Pittsburgh Penguins vs Detroit Red Wings Prediction
Pittsburgh will seek revenge for the loss in the last match. Playing with Detroit is a great opportunity. It is unlikely that even the native walls will be able to help the Wings in a battle with a fairly strong rival.
Last score prediction, Pittsburgh could win and cover, -196.