(CNN) — Roger Federer has endured his quickest defeat in 16 years later crashing out of the Cincinnati Masters Thursday. Even the 20-time grand slam winner was roundly defeated 6-3 6-4 by Russian qualifier Andrey Rublev in just 62 minutes. Federer, who had won this event seven times before, was confronting his 21-year-old opponent for the first time along with the Swiss star said he had been impressed with the strength of this Russian’s match. “He was super clean. Defense, offense, functioning nicely,” Federer said of his opponent after the match. “did not give anything. He was everywhere. It was hard for me personally, but an superb match by him.” READ: Nick Kyrgios smashes two rackets and curses in umpire at Cincinnati defeat READ: Serena Williams pulls out of Cincinnati Experts with back injury Federer eyes US Open Regardless of the loss, Federer said he had been pleased to have come through the Cincinnati Pros accident free and has already turned his attention to the US Open later this season. The world No. 3 is seeking to clinch his sixth title at Flushing Meadows, his first since 2008. “I worked very hard coming into Cincinnati and at that little season we’d since Wimbledon, therefore that I could maybe also utilize a couple of days away,” that the 38-year-old added. “I’m going to train, do precisely what I want to do to the US Open and that’s it. It’s fairly simple, but I’ve got to work hard.” READ: Cori’Coco’ Gauff, 15, given wild card to play at US Open ‘Most psychological win’ Meanwhile, Rublev will be seeking to build in an impressive breakthrough year which has seen him defeat two top-five gamers — the other being planet No. 4 Dominic Thiem. The entire world. No 70 was clearly psychological after beating Federer and can now look forward to a quarterfinal match with fellow Russian Daniil Medvedev. “It’s the largest and most emotional win,” explained Rublev, before turning his focus to praising Federer. “I can’t envision every day just how much pressure you have. I mean, to understand that you’re Roger and everyone is watching you and you want to prove it every single day, and he is doing this, I do not know for a lot of decades. I mean, this really is something, I don’t understand, unreal.” READ: Andy Murray loses original singles match since hip surgery Murray out of US Open Meanwhile, three-time grand slam champion Andy Murray confirmed he won’t be taking part at this year’s US Open in the doubles because he continues his return from hip surgery. The 32-year-old had ruled himself from playing in the singles in Flushing Meadows but has now confirmed he’ll miss the contest entirely. “I am not going to play doubles at the US Open. My goal is to get back playing at the level that I want to about the singles court, and I’ve determined that I want to focus all of my energies on that right now,” Murray told BBC Sport.