The Winnipeg Jets and Columbus Blue Jackets meet Wednesday in NHL action at the Nationwide Arena.
|Date:||Wednesday, January 22, 2020|
|Time:||7:30 PM (EST)|
|Location:||Nationwide Arena, Columbus|
|Odds/Point Spread:||CLB -160|
CONSENSUSFROM 50 PREDICTIONS
|38%||WINNIPEG||75% under 5.5|
COMPUTER PREDICTIONSTATS MODELED SCORE PREDICTION
- Winnipeg are 1-5 SU in their last 6 games.
- Winnipeg are 8-3 SU in their last 11 games against Columbus.
- Winnipeg are 4-8 SU in their last 12 games on the road.
- Winnipeg are 5-1 SU in their last 6 games when playing on the road against Columbus.
- The total has gone OVER in 8 of Winnipeg’s last 10 games against an opponent in the East conference.
Columbus Blue Jackets
- The total has gone UNDER in 6 of Columbus’ last 6 games.
- Columbus are 5-0 SU in their last 5 games.
- The total has gone OVER in 7 of Columbus’ last 8 games against Winnipeg.
- The total has gone UNDER in 6 of Columbus’ last 6 games at home.
- Columbus are 1-5 SU in their last 6 games when playing at home against Winnipeg.
- The total has gone UNDER in 5 of Columbus’ last 5 games this season.
- Columbus are 1-5 SU in their last 6 games against an opponent in the Central division.
- Winnipeg Jets: Bryan Little, Dustin Byfuglien, Mathieu Perreault, Nathan Beaulieu, Adam Lowry, Carl Dahlstrom, Tucker Poolman
- Columbus Blue Jackets: Ryan Murray, Josh Anderson, Joonas Korpisalo, Oliver Bjorkstrand, Alexandre Texier
Columbus Blue Jackets
Winnipeg Jets 25-21-4
This season, Winnipeg risk to not getting into the playoffs. Throughout the regular season, they shows an extremely uncertain game, alternating a series of victories with defeats. Based on the latest results, we can conclude that team is in a terrible game form. In 5 extreme meetings, they suffered 4 defeats. The Jets won the only victory at home, defeated the Vancouver Canucks (4:0). In the Eastern Conference, Paul Maurice’s wards took 9th place and earned 54 points. It is worth noting that they have many injured hockey players, with each fight the infirmary continues to replenish. That is why they have worsened the implementation of scoring chances, there were problems in the defense.
Columbus Blue Jackets 26-16-8
The team of John Tortorella did not start the regular season in the best way, but over time they gained an incredible game form and is now in the top six. The Columbus infirmary is full, but this does not particularly affect its results. The coach managed to find a worthy replacement for the injured players, while he found new combinations of links, due to which there was teamwork between hockey players. At the moment, the Jackets have a series of 6 victories. It is worth noting that they had a busy game schedule, but they were able to cope with physical activity. In the extreme confrontation, Columbus won a strong-willed victory over the New York Rangers at a party with a minimum gap in the account (2:1). For them it was the second game in 2 days, while they played with a young and inexperienced goalkeeper. It is safe to say that the victory was given to them by the efforts of one player. Oliver Bjorkstrand single-handedly decided the outcome of this match. A few seconds before the final siren, this striker scored the winning goal, thereby scoring a double, which allowed Columbus to get into the playoff zone.
Winnipeg Jets vs Columbus Blue Jackets Prediction
Columbus is now on the rise, they easily defeats weak teams and imposes a fight on the leaders of the championship. The Jets comes to them in a disgusting form, so you should not expect good results from it. Another important factor in favor of the owners of the ice – the guests will be tired, because a few hours ago they had a tense duel against the Carolina Hurricanes, in which they spent a lot of energy.
Last score prediction, Columbus could win and cover, -160 Point Spread.